Sunbrella Fabric Care
CLEAN SUNBRELLA® UPHOLSTERY
All Sunbrella® fabrics are engineered to combine the highest level of design and performance. For easy day-to-day maintenance of your Sunbrella fabric:
- Brush off loose dirt.
- Spray on a cleaning solution of water and mild soap.
- Use a soft bristle brush to clean.
- Allow cleaning solution to soak into the fabric.
- Rinse thoroughly until all soap residue is removed.
- Air dry.
One of the best ways to keep Sunbrella fabrics looking good is to brush off dirt before it becomes embedded in the fabrics and wipe up spills or clean soon after a stain occurs. The quicker you clean spills and stains, the easier they can be to remove.
Try this first... With a new spill or stain on your Sunbrella fabric.
- Blot (don't rub) liquid spills with a clean, dry cloth. For oil-based spills, apply an absorbent such as corn starch, then remove with a straight edge.
- Spray on a mild cleaning solution of soap (such as Dawn or Woolite) and water.
- Rinse the fabric thoroughly to remove all soap residue.
- Air dry.
Cleaning Removable Fabric
Soak fabric in a solution of one fourth cup mild soap per gallon of lukewarm water. Use a sponge or very soft bristle brush to lightly agitate the stain. Then rinse thoroughly to remove all soap residue, and allow fabric to air dry.
Some removable casings can be washed in the washing machine, however consult the furniture manufacturer before removing the casing as cushion construction may vary. To wash, first close all zippers. Machine wash in cold water on the delicate cycle with normal amounts of mild laundry detergent. For severe mold or mildew, add 1 cup of bleach. Allow fabric to air dry.
Cleaning Non-Removable Fabric
Prepare a solution of one fourth cup mild soap per gallon of lukewarm water. Use a soft bristle brush to clean, allowing the cleaning solution to soak into the fabric. Rinse thoroughly to remove all soap residue and allow fabric to air dry.
Mold and mildew stains
Sunbrella fabrics do not promote mildew growth, however, mildew may grow on dirt and other foreign substances if not removed from the fabric. To remove mold or mildew:
- Prepare a solution of 1 cup of bleach and one fourth cup mild soap per gallon of water.
- Spray on entire area and allow to soak into the fabric for 15 minutes.
- Clean entire surface area with a sponge, clean towel or very soft bristle brush.
- Rinse thoroughly to remove all soap residue.
- Air dry.
For severe mold/mildew growth, bleach quantities may be increased.
It is best to clean the entire surface area of the fabric to avoid water rings and stains.
For other stains, products such as Dawn, Resolve® or 303® Spot Cleaner are applicable.
For any additional information on how to clean Sunbrella Fabric click the link below: